Retention Research Analyst
About Our Team
We are a team of software developers working hard to keep students engaged in their higher education. Used by colleges and universities across the country, our software streamlines complex student data into a simple interface that is easy to use for both students and their advisors. Utilizing our proprietary "Connect" product, our software integrates with several on-premise information systems. Our specially developed predictive algorithms constantly chew on the data to identify students who are at risk for not reaching their educational goals.
We are looking for smart people who can problem-solve, write code, and ship software in our energetic, tight-knit office in Columbus, Ohio. You will touch production code on Day 1, and will have a voice in every feature and every product decision. Be a part of passionate team whose code makes a difference in the lives of thousands of students.
The Retention Research Analyst will be responsible for performing custom research, building institutional-specific predictive models, and creating automated reporting processes to support client information requirements. This position will also be expected to assist with the development, growth and management of the analytics team at Aviso Retention.
- Establishing project data requirements based upon client’s recruitment or retention objectives.
- Converting, cleansing, manipulating, and managing large, historic data files.
- Developing predictive models and designing scoring databases and processes.
- Performing custom and standard analysis and delivering results written and verbally.
- Proofreading and editing reports written by peer research analysts.
- Constantly enhancing the predictive modeling service offering through investigating new data sources, statistical techniques and delivery methods.
- Designing customized reports/dashboards and managing their delivery.
- Applicants should possess strong qualitative and quantitative research skills with an ability to execute and deliver high quality, on-time research for clients.
- Applicants should also be able to effectively communicate (written and verbal) technical/analytical information to a variety of interested parties at all levels.
- Bachelor’s or Masters degree required in a highly technical/mathematical discipline (ie; statistics, mathematics, quantitative analysis, computer science, etc.).
- A minimum 3 year’s experience developing statistical models and data analysis with extensive knowledge of statistical theory (regression and multivariate statistics) and Data Mining techniques, preferably in a marketing environment. Prior experience in a higher education setting is preferred.
- Strong technical knowledge and hands-on experience with regression methods, decision trees, neural networks and rules-based decision modeling. The ideal candidate will be required to personally use data mining, predictive modeling and various other descriptive and inferential statistical techniques to solve business problems.
- Demonstrated expertise in statistical programming. Advanced SQL programming (e.g. MySQL, MSSQL, PL/SQL) is a plus. PC skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access is required.
- A business-oriented mindset with a comfort working in a highly entrepreneurial environment and an interest in growing a service line focused on retention analytics.